Saturday, February 21, 2015

The last few Christmas crochet projects

I am STILL catching up on blogging about all of my Christmas crochet projects.  I'll stop mentioning Christmas soon, I promise.  One of our neighbors still has her Christmas tree up (with the lights turned on every evening!).... We're in a sort of race to see who can make Christmas last as long as possible.

Two more scalloped potholders (numbers 10 and 11) from my favorite pattern:



I was so in love with these hilarious little Christmas stockings that I made four in various sizes. What a cute pattern!





My cousin, Lauren, commissioned me to make four sets of coasters to give as gifts.  I used my all-time favorite coaster pattern, of course.



I found a chart for a map of the state of Michigan, and I knew I had to try to make something out of it for my Michigan-loving brother-in-law, Corey.  I tried to see if it could be a potholder or dishcloth, but it turned out a wee bit big for either purpose.  I gave it to him anyway, and he decided that it would look nice framed.  Then, he had me add french knots to mark some of his favorite places in the state.


Whoa-- I THINK I might be done talking about Christmas crochet projects.  On to the next major holiday!  I whipped up this cute little Rosy Heart to add to Sonia's teacher's valentine card, and despite a pretty complicated pattern (I fudged a bit on the last two partial rounds), I think it turned out great.  Made with worsted-weight yarn, it turned out to be about two inches across.


You might be wondering if all the area yarn stores were cleaned out after all the Christmas crocheting I did, but I promise that I left a bit of yarn on the shelves for everyone else.

No comments:

Post a Comment