Thursday, September 4, 2014

Sami's Summer Time Doll

Nipiti, one of my new favorite crochet pattern designers, has done it again....  Can you believe how adorable this doll is?


My friend, Toni, had commissioned me to crochet a doll like Sonia's for her daughter, Sami, for Christmas.  However, Nipiti asked if anyone would like to test this cute "My Summer Time Doll with Instagram Camera and Ice Cream", and Toni & I thought that Sami would like this doll even better!


How perfect are those little mary jane shoes and ruffly socks?  And I am IN LOVE with the cute little dot detailing on the bodice of the dress.  Toni chose the colors, and I think they work together perfectly.

The hair went shockingly fast....  I finished it in about an hour and a half.  Once you get all the strands cut and start attaching it to the head, it's kind of a soothing process.


Because I was doing a test, I took a few progress pictures.  The pattern worked up so nicely and is perfectly written, as usual.  The ice cream cone and camera are separate from the doll, but could be sewn on permanently.


It was at this point that I realized that this color combination was absolutely spectacular.  Good color choices, Toni!  I think Sami is going to love her new doll.


The pattern is on sale now (may favorite source to buy patterns is Ravelry, of course!), and Nipiti's Ravelry group is made up of some amazing hookers.  I can't wait to see what she designs next!

Only 111 more crocheting days until Christmas....  Better get crackin'....

No comments:

Post a Comment