Saturday, January 18, 2014

Alex's Aviator Hat

How in the world did I forget to post pictures of this hat?!? Back in September when the weather started getting nippy, my friend, Toni, and I came up with the idea of crocheting her 8-month-old son, Alex, an Aviator hat.  I looked around at a bunch of different patterns and realized that it would be pretty easy.  I could just use my favorite hat pattern, the Hello Kitty Hat from Crochet in Color, and add an extra flap in the front to be folded up.  Voila!


Because I was kind of winging it in terms of size, and because I was too impatient to wait until the next time I saw Alex to try it on him, I ended up crocheting the hat at least 3 times before I got the size right.  Whoops.


A lot of aviator hats have cute buttons sewn on the front, but Alex excels in being ornery, so we were pretty sure we were saving Toni and her husband some future grief by leaving them off.


4 months later, the hat still fits, but the end might be near.  Alex has gotten really good use out of it, though!  I made this hat before I taught myself how to line hats with fleece, so I don't know how warm it really is.  But he looks pretty cute in it!

No comments:

Post a Comment