Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Jenni's Tissue Pack Cover

Watch out, world-- I (Erin) did a little bit more sewing!  This time, it was to make a tissue pack cover for my mother-in-law, Jenni, for a milestone birthday.  I used this easy-to-follow tutorial, which featured clear instructions and detailed pictures (thank you thank you thank you!!!).  Shockingly, I was able to successfully create the tissue pack cover on my first attempt!  Here are pictures of the finished product.

First, inside-out (before I applied fray check and re-trimmed the fabric edges):


One of these days I'll learn how to sew in a straight line.


Voila!


Whoops, in the next picture, you can see a bit of the pattern from the tissue pack itself (which was covered in red & pink kisses) through the white parts of the playing cards. Perhaps I should have lined the bottom with a solid-colored fabric.


Happy birthday, Jenni!

P.S. How hilarious is that playing card fabric?  I found it in the remnant bin at Joann Fabrics; Niki has taught me well.  You might recognize the red coordinating fabric from the lining of the shark pouch.

No comments:

Post a Comment